The "Corner Tea" was produced by José factory Corner that started production in 1883 and was located on the road connecting the city of Ribeira Grande to Lagoa do Fogo on the island of São Miguel - Azores.
Of all the tea factories, this was the most emblematic both in San Miguel as the continent with José Canto been a key driver of the introduction of the Azores tea culture. For practical aspect of impossibilities his heirs had to give up production in 1974.
In 2011 the heiress Maria Hintze Garden offered the brand "corner" the Hermano da Mota Gorreana Tea Factory provided this enhance the brand in the market as a tribute to its founder, José Canto.ea.
All productions are free of fungicides, pesticides and herbicides.